FEENIX 2022 DEBT BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Feenix team and its community believes in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth.Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Feenix 2022 Debt Bursary programme, we are looking for students who will be completing their undergraduate degrees in the Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology and Finance faculties in 2022 (see more on criteria below).
Deadline for Applications
Wednesday, 30th November 2022
WHO CAN APPLY
- South African citizens
- 35 years old or younger
- Registered at one of the 26 public South African Universities
- Students completing their undergraduate degree by December 2022 (unfortunately no Postgraduate degrees)
- Students must have outstanding student debt (can be current and/or historical)
- Students in the following fields of study
- Data Science
- Information Technology
- Students with family household income under R600 000 per annum (under R850k per annum if a student with a disability
- If you are a student with a disability please include a medical letter stating the nature of your disability
- Students agree to opt-in to providing progress updates over next 12 months for funder reporting purposes (E.g. have they found employment yet? Are they continuing with their studies?)
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of degree completion will be requested next year and must be submitted by shortlisted students before final selection and payment can be made.
THE FEENIX 2022 DEBT BURSARY PROGRAMME OFFERS
- An opportunity to receive part or full funding for your studies including historical debt (everything on your fee statement will be covered such as tuition and accommodation expenses).
- Bursary candidates will receive access to a global-award winning financial literacy platform, Blackbullion South Africa. This platform delivers engaging and relevant content to help young South Africans make better financial decisions before, during and after University.
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply, as you will only be able to complete the application form in one sitting.
- An official fee statement (reflecting all debt accumulated) not older than 30 days on the university letterhead and/or stamped (Proof of Registration and Fee Quotations will NOT be accepted as a fee statement)
- A clear copy of your ID, certified and not older than 6 months*
- *Note: ID card copy to include both sides of card
- Proof of Registration (2022)
- Academic Transcripts (if available)
- A motivation letter answering the questions “How would you describe your personal brand?” and “What makes your future worth investing in?” (1200 words max)
Note: Proof of degree completion will be required from shortlisted students in February 2023 before final selection is made. Payment to successful candidates made in March 2023.
- Complete and submit your application by the 30th November 2022
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email and telephone (please keep an eye out for communication from us using the contact details below)